Building 1686

Located next the the NOB Hill outdoor theater, which was in use from WWII through the early 1950's.
The theater walls and steps were built by Japanese POWs during the war.
 
The damage to the structure from typhoons and neglect is apparent.
Even if the building isn't demolished soon, it will not survive much longer on typhoon-prone Guam without some extensive repairs.
The setting with the theater and Quonset together would make a nice permanent historic display.  
Back to Main Page